Facilities and IT Specialist
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
The Facilities and IT Specialist position is based in EDF's London office and will serve a very unique role to our organization. This role reports to both our IT and Corporate Services team and will ultimately be responsible for the daily operations of the London office as well as providing IT support for 700+ users in 13+ international EDF locations around the world.
Environmental Defense Fund Europe is an affiliate organisation of Environmental Defense Fund, a leading international non-profit organisation that creates transformative solutions to the most serious environmental problems. Since 1967, Environmental Defense Fund has used science, economics, law and innovative private-sector partnerships to bring a new voice for practical solutions to environmental problems. Hallmarks of Environmental Defense Fund Europe’s approach include:
- Working across the political spectrum
- Presenting a positive vision
- Investing in science and data analysis
- Using legal and economics expertise to design lasting solutions
- Working with strategic partners across all sectors.
Full details of EDF’s programmatic goals may be found in our European strategic plan at https://www.edf.org/forging-solutions-europe. Our latest annual review is available here: https://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/content/2018_EDF_Annual_Report.pdf
Established in 2016, Environmental Defense Fund Europe is a registered charity in England and Wales and a Stichting in The Netherlands. Currently headquartered in London, we report to a board of trustees who oversee the functions of the charity in Europe whilst maintaining close working relations with the board and staff of EDF, headquartered in the USA.
As the Facilities and IT Specialist, you will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, and where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life. As a member of both the Client Operations and Corporate Services team, you will play a unique and integral part in supporting our growing office, organization, and its users. The position is based in London. As such, the Facilities and IT Specialist will be responsible for the daily office operations at our London site including facilities and vendor management, invoicing, utilities, guest services, and health and security. The IT responsibilities of the position require a global focus. You will be responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer networks, systems, telecom, video conferencing, and associated assemblies for over 700 users in 13+ EDF locations around the world.
IT Key Responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- IT end user support for London, as well as U.S. and other global locations including: Austin, Texas (USA); Beijing (China); Bentonville, Arkansas (USA); Boston, Massachusetts (USA); Boulder, Colorado (USA); La Paz (Mexico); New York, New York (USA); Raleigh, North Carolina (USA,); Sacramento and San Francisco, California (USA), and Washington, DC (USA).
- Equipment Deployment
- Call tracking and asset allocation
- Active Directory/Exchange account management
- Telecom support (General support)
- Video conferencing support (General support)
- Mobile device support for iPhone, and Android devices
- Remote control end user support
- Local network equipment support (including server room maintenance)
- Standard configuration of PCs, Macs, and Mobile Devices using our image
- System updating, testing, and maintenance
- Inventory management, recovery and e-waste
- 24-hour hotline support on a rotational basis for emergency coverage
Facilities Key Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and administration of the office.
- Managing all office facilities contracts, contractor relationships and budgets including cleaning, security, supply vendors, and general building management, securing the best quality service in our office.
- Overseeing all office processes and procedures, ensuring managers, staff are familiar with these and that they are amended to maximize effective operations
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox and coordinating with HR and departments to determine seating and manage additional seating.
- Health and safety within the office, supporting the staff and guests.
- Liaising with relevant services at EDF in the United States, including IT and facilities.
- Providing general operational support to the organization
- Maintaining adequate supply of office/kitchen supplies, equipment and refreshments and facilitate requisitions and deliveries. Liaise with service providers and vendors and negotiate for optimum value for organization.
- Managing ongoing maintenance and repair requirements.
- Coordinating with HR and departments to determine seating and managing additional seating
- B.S. Degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or relevant experience in IT, Facilities or Help Desk.
- Thorough and precise understanding of Windows 10 and MS Office 2016 suite.
- Thorough and precise understanding of PCs and Macs
- Understanding of LifeSize Video Conferencing equipment, iPhones, and Android devices.
- Knowledge of Shoretel IP telephony system.
- Understanding of helpdesk case management tools, and the importance of ticket and inventory tracking.
- Ability to swap parts from PC, Laptop, and Servers.
- Experience with telecommunications systems and circuits preferred.
- Self-motivated, deadline driven, well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: capable of effectively liaising with colleagues in a diverse international environment.
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.